blank
blank

Compassion

Friday, July 22, 2011

Get Real with God ~ My Children, My Oxen

I know that is a strange title but I think it will make sense by the end!  Have you ever read this scripture?

“Where no oxen are, the trough is  clean; but much increase comes by the strength of an ox.”  Proverbs 14:4

Would you believe that I think about this scripture almost EVERY day?  Here’s why.

003

Because my kitchen looks like this at least three times a day. And because the rest of my house looks pretty much the same way on a daily basis.  My house wouldn’t look like this if it wasn’t for my children.  If not for my children I would hardly have any house work to do, but with out my children there would be NO increase.

Increase in me.

Through my children God can work out all kinds issues, you know the list:  patience, finding joy in all things, perseverance, selflessness, obedience and grace.

Increase in our family.

Not only the size of our family but the testimony that our size brings with us whether we want it to or not.

Increase in faith.

With the increase in our family size also comes the added need of material things.  We are blessed to have our faith challenged at times as we trust the Lord for His provision in our daily needs and our medical needs and the needs for our future.  He is an amazing Provider (Jehovah Jireh)!

004

So while I’d rather have my kitchen look like this all. day. long.  I would rather have a messy kitchen full of increase, then a clean kitchen and lack.

001

“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
         The fruit of the womb is a reward.”  Psalm 127:3

Enjoy your oxen!

6 comments:

Donyel said...

Thank you! I needed that TODAY.

Shonda said...

Thank you.  I am forever trying to keep this house clean, but with 2 little ones it's either the house or them and I need to choose them every time.  The house will never be "clean" with children, but I won't always have my children.

Martianne said...

I needed to read this this morning.  Thank you.  

Marissa_stanfield said...

I can totally relate to this! My house gets like this and it is overwhelming. I enjoy reading your tips and ideas for preschoolers and up. I am working everyday to get more organized. Thanks for all the great ideas and free printables!

Kathleenmking6 said...

The "mess" times would be more bearable if we could see more of the "clean" times, but that doesn't happen even once a day here. But we're working on it, and improving, and your message is encouraging.

Andrea said...

Wow!  I needed this today.  I struggled all weekend with trying to love my "dirty" house because I love my kids and they consume much time.  Just found your blog, and I look forward to many more posts!