blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Now I Know My ABCs ~ a is for apple

It's time for some fun alphabet crafts for lowercase letters!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done, letters (with books listed) coming up, as well as all the fun crafty letters we have been working on. Be sure to check it out!

How Do Apples Grow by Betsy Maestro

How Do Apples Grow? by Betsy Maestro

Summary ~ Even though this book is geared toward a slightly older age group, it has simple text for even the little ones that explains how an apple grows from a small flower bud to a yummy piece of fruit for you to eat!

 a for apple craft

What You’ll Need:

  • red, white, green and brown foam sheets or construction paper
  • an apple
  • glue & tape
  • pencil
  • scissors
a is for apple craft

How to Make the ‘a’ for apple:

  1. Cut out a lowercase ‘a’ from a piece of red foam sheet. To make the letters go along with the uppercase letters we’ve done in the past, this letter was cut from a piece of foam that was about 2” x 4” ~ small, but oh so cute!
  2. Cut out a small oval/circle from the white foam that will fit behind the inside of the letter ‘a’ to use as the inside of the apple.
  3. From the brown foam sheet, cut out a stem and five small apple seeds.
  4. From the green foam sheet, cut out a leaf for your apple.
  5. Glue or tape the white circle to the back of your lowercase ‘a’ so that it shows through the center.
  6. Count out the seeds with your little one and glue them into the center to form the star at the center of the apple.
  7. Glue or tape the stem and apple to the back of the letter ‘a’.

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way this turned out!! Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks so much for such a cute way to introduce the alphabet. I am new to the teaching thing and this was great. Looking forward to see more posts.
Thanks again.

Susan said...

First, let me thank you for dedicating your time to creating these. They are so cute and a huge help for a planning Mommy! Question: Have you found a great resource for Craft Foam? My dollar tree sells it but the pieces are about index card sized.

Also, any plans to use Disqus for commenting in the future? It would be great to comment and see your response without having to check back (since I always forget!)

Susan said...

First, let me thank you for dedicating your time to creating these. They are so cute and a huge help for a planning Mommy! Question: Have you found a great resource for Craft Foam? My dollar tree sells it but the pieces are about index card sized.

Also, any plans to use Disqus for commenting in the future? It would be great to comment and see your response without having to check back (since I always forget!)

Erin said...

I just started doing abc lessons with my kids & a friend. We are doing a is for apple this week. Thanks for all the ideas on your blog. They are SO great!
Here's a link to my lesson.
http://adamshome.blogspot.com/2010/09/is-for-apple-preschool-lesson-plan.html

Pam Thompson said...

this is adorable! We are doing Letter A this next week for our Tot School, and I think that this will be perfect! I think we'll use construction paper, as I have a ton, and the girls are still young enough that they want to chew on craft foam (ick!)

Jolanthe said...

have fun making it!!

Drmohddaudiqbal said...

its really amazing the way you have constructed the ideas and ground for teaching kids.

Rkellycain said...

These alphabet ideas are SO cute! I can't wait to use them next year with my preschool group!

Shonda said...

I am looking forward to doing all of these lowercase crafts with my son!
 

Pam said...

What a cute idea and I am looking forward to doing a letter a week with my 3 1/2 old grand daughter!

Robin said...

I loved doing this with my toddlers and they loved it too!! Thank you for all your great ideas!!

Jasmine Patel Goradia said...

this simply simple and great,i am going to do with my son who is home schooling .

Crystal said...

I saw this craft it really inspired me! I always wanted to teach my child, but not sure how or where to start! Your website really helped me. I can not wait for us to start on our own ABC crafts!